PM Modi so far took many historical and bold decisions regarding road safety, curbing terrorism and merger of banks. Apart from this, to improve the condition and direction of the farmers, decisions have been taken to make several important changes in the agricultural sector. In the same way, the citizenship law was also changed in the country, due to which there was a month-long protest across the country. After which the Modi government did not back down from its decision.
1. Abolition of Article 370: In the second term, Modi Government took the most historic decision regarding Jammu and Kashmir, which has been his priority since the time of Jan Sangh. In Jammu and Kashmir, along with taking steps to make Article 370 ineffective, the task of dividing the state into two parts has also been completed. President Ramnath Kovind approved the proposal to nullify Article 370, which gives special status to Jammu and Kashmir and divided Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh into two union territories.
2. Triple Talaq: Narendra Modi government came to power for the second time in a row. The Modi government passed the ‘Protection of Muslim Women Marriage Rights Bill-2019’ from the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha to ban Triple Talaq. From 1 August 2019, Triple Talaq have been made legally a crime. Despite not having a majority in the Rajya Sabha, the Modi government was successful in implementing this law. Right from the first term of the government, this issue has also been present in the main agenda of the BJP.
3. Citizenship Amendment Law: In the second term of the Narendra Modi government, citizenship amendment law can be seen as a big decision. It has been implemented across the country on 10 January 2020. With this law, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis and Jews living in Pak, Afghan and other countries can get Indian citizenship. Several months of protests took place across the country over the changes made in this law, in which many people have lost their lives. Muslim women took it to the road to protest against this law, after which, from PM Modi to the Union Home Minister have said that through this law, citizenship of any minority of the country is not going to be taken away. Despite which the protests continued, but the government did not withdraw its steps.
4. Self-Reliant India Campaign: In order to bring the country’s deteriorated economy back on track, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has recently started the self-reliant India campaign, announcing a package of 20 lakh crore. With this decision, India is moving towards becoming self-reliant like China. Narendra Modi had said that the 21st century belongs to India, it has become a dream not only for him but for all of us. For which it is necessary to walk on the path of self-sufficiency.
5. Motor Vehicle Act: Modi government in its second term has implemented Motor Vehicle Act-2019 in the country to tighten traffic orders and reduce road accidents. Under this law, action will be taken against those who violate traffic rules. The Modi government has issued a provision to impose heavy fines on those who violate traffic rules, so that the drivers follow the orders. After the implementation of the Motor Vehicle Act-2019, people are seen following the orders.