Position: Volunteer Facilitator – YOCISO E – Homework Club
Term: Part-time – 28 hours per week (September 2020 – March 31, 2021)
Reports to: Manager of Youth Services (YOCISO)
OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
As a member of the dynamic and growing Youth Program team, the incumbent will work closely with the Manager to coordinate and deliver the E-Homework Club Project. The incumbent provides leadership to volunteers in order to meet the strategic goals and priorities of OCISO. This incumbent is responsible for conducting intake, assessment and referrals, recruiting, supporting, training, and placing immigrant and Canadian volunteers to help provide remote and possible face-to-face academic support to newcomer youth. This position requires excellent time management and interpersonal skills and a strong desire to help newcomer youth integrate as part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- The Volunteer Facilitator provides leadership to the volunteers in order to meet the strategic goals, priorities, and outcomes of the YOCISO E-
- Homework Club. All strategic outcomes within an anti-racism and anti-oppression framework
- Recruits, trains, supports, and places volunteers in consultation with staff to meet identified academic needs of student referrals
- Ensures that data is gathered to provide timely statistical information regarding services, gaps and trends
- Create and maintain database for the purpose of detailed activity/outcome tracking and reporting
- Provides support and direction to volunteers in complex and high-pressure situations
- Determines and pursues new sources of revenue that would strengthen and expand the program
- Develops and implements mechanisms to ensure that standards of excellence are developed based on a culturally based framework
- Ensures high standards of cultural and linguistic service delivery within an anti-racism and anti-oppression policy framework
- Demonstrates a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect management approach and anti-racism / anti-oppression policy within the work environment and in the community
- Liaises with service providers outside the organization and with community groups to ensure the effective delivery of services to support immigrants through the long-term process of integration and full participation
- Represents OCISO to clients, to the community and other stakeholders
- Attends and participates in professional and community meetings
Application Deadline: August 21, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.